This report is a synthesis of three interim reports on presplitting of high cut slopes. Observations are presented on the economics, construction, and maintenance aspects of presplitting in addition to the general conclusions and recommendations of the authors, and the specifications developed as a result of the study.
- See also PB-236 013.
California Division of Highways1120 N Street
Sacramento, CA USA 95814
Washington, DC USA 20590
- McCauley, M L
- Hoover, T P
- Forsyth, R A
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Backfilling; Construction; Economics; Embankments; Highways; Maintenance; Mining; Performance based specifications; Presplitting (Blasting); Rock excavation; Sedimentary rocks; Slopes; Specifications; Subgrade (Pavements)
- Old TRIS Terms: Backfills; Face preparation mining; Intrusive rocks; Rock presplitting
- Subject Areas: Construction; Economics; Geotechnology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00090628
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CA-DOT-2955-4-74-32 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 10 1975 12:00AM