FATIGUE DATA BANK AND DATA ANALYSIS INVESTIGATION
A library system has been developed for the acquisition, compilation and storage of information relating to the fatigue behavior of metal members and structures. Test data obtained from the various information sources are stored on both data sheets (for individual examination), and on standard computer punch cards. A computer program has been developed to sort the data into sets satisfying certain stipulated specimen types and loading conditions. A 'best-fit' S-N curve for each specified data set is then established using a least squares error of estimate and correlation coefficient of the regression line, and the lower tolerance limits for 99 percent survival at 50 percent and 95 percent confidence levels. The data and S-N curve are visually displayed using a CALCOMP plotter printout. Information obtained from an analysis of the data in the Fatigue Data Bank for several selected details indicates that the current AASHO bridge design specification provisions, for these details, do not provide consistent correlations nor properly model the fatigue behavior of the details as established by laboratory tests.
- Report on Illinois Cooperative Highway Research Program Series 145.
University of Illinois, Urbana-ChampaignDepartment of Civil and Environmental Engineering
205 North Mathews Avenue
Urbana, IL USA 61801-2352
Springfield, IL USA 62706
- Radziminski, J B
- Srinivasan, R
- Moore, D
- Thrasher, C
- Munse, W H
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Pagination: 162 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Bridge design; Bridges; Computer programs; Fatigue (Mechanics); Fatigue (Physiological condition); Fatigue tests; Information systems; Mathematical models; Metals; Performance based specifications; Regression analysis; Specifications; Steel; Structural analysis; Structural design; Structural mechanics; Structural members; Welds
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fatigue analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Technical information centers
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Data and Information Technology; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00090624
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UILU-ENG-73-2025 Intrm Rpt
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1975 12:00AM