VESSEL TRAFFIC SYSTEM SIMULATION CHARACTERISTICS
The report summarizes a study which was undertaken to define Coast Guard uses for simulation in the Vessel Traffic System (VTS) program. A summary is presented of the various uses to which simulation can be put and recommendations are then made on the capabilities which a Coast Guard VTS simulation facility should provide. These capabilities are in the areas of research and development, operator training and software maintenance. Typical experiments and data base requirements for the facility are then noted. The need for the timely establishment of an interim capability to assist in analyzing current VTS development issues is identified.
Mitre CorporationWestgate Research Park
McLean, VA USA 22101
United States Coast GuardOffice of Research and Development, 400 7th Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Bales, R A
- Rothschild, S I
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 57 p.
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Facilities; Harbor traffic control; Harbors; Highway planning; Personnel; Planning; Simulation; Systems analysis; Traffic; Traffic control; Traffic simulation; Training; Water traffic
- Identifier Terms: United States Coast Guard
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic planning
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00090614
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MTR-6765 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-40204-A
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1975 12:00AM