VESSEL TRAFFIC SYSTEM ANALYTICAL RESOURCE REQUIREMENTS STUDY
This is the final report of an activity whose goal was to evaluate the analytical and simulation resource requirements for the Coast Guard Vessel Traffic System (VTS) program. The need for both an immediate near-term capability, consisting of readily available shared resources, and a permanent, dedicated simulation/support facility was addressed. The conclusions reached were that an immediate capability is required to assist in the orderly development of a family of currently planned for implementation. It was also concluded that should the Coast Guard VTS role expand, a dedicated simulation/support facility will be justified, but that it is premature to attempt to establish a facility until additional information is obtained and more planning is performed.
Mitre CorporationWestgate Research Park
McLean, VA USA 22101
United States Coast GuardOffice of Research and Development, 400 7th Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Bales, R A
- Rothschild, S I
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Pagination: 137 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Control; Control systems; Harbor traffic control; Harbors; Highway planning; Planning; Safety; Simulation; Surveillance; Systems analysis; Traffic; Traffic control; Vessel traffic control; Water traffic
- Identifier Terms: United States Coast Guard
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic planning
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00090611
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MTR-6791 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-40204-A
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1975 12:00AM