EVALUATION OF A DIGITAL DISPLAY SYSTEM (DDS) DRIVEN BY AN AUTOMATIC METEOROLOGICAL OBSERVING SYSTEM AMOS III-70
An evaluation was conducted of a Digital Display System (DDS) Driven by an Automatic Meteorological Observing System AMOS III-70 for Limited Aviation Weather Reporting Station (LAWRS). The AMOS III-70, the electronics and one display panel were at the LAWRS facility in Reading, Pennsylvania. A second panel and a teletypewriter were at the Sterling Research and Development Center (SR and DC) in Sterling, Virginia. Data as displayed on the panel was compared with that transmitted directly by the AMOS-III 70 and with data transmitted via Service A.
National Weather ServiceSilver Spring, MD USA
- Hoehne, W E
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Digital computers; Information display systems; Meteorological phenomena
- Old TRIS Terms: Digital systems; Meteorological data
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00090601
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FAA-ER-450-012A/
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 10 1975 12:00AM