CLASSIFICATION OF OXIDIZERS AND FLAMMABLE SOLIDS. PHASE III
Existing bench-scale test methods for oxidizers and flammable solids were critically evaluated for reproducibility and ease of duplication by the Naval Ordnance Station, Indian Head, Md. Detailed drawings for the burning rate test and time-to-ignition test have been submitted to permit the construction of standard test devices for uniform application. Variables which can affect measured test results have been identified and recommendations have been made to preclude obtaining a wide range of test values when measured by different laboratories.
Naval Ordnance StationIndian Head, MD United States
Department of TransportationOffice of Hazardous Materials, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Dale, C B
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Burning rate; Chemicals; Flammability tests; Hazardous materials; Ignition; Oxidizers; Safety; Sawdust; Testing equipment; Tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Experimental design; Laboratory equipment
- Old TRIS Terms: Auto ignition; Flammability testing
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00090576
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-AS-30042
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM