ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION. VEHICLE OPERATIONAL MANUAL
A special computerized vehicle has been developed by Calspan Corporation for the scientific investigation and reconstruction of automobile accidents. The report is a guide to proper usage of that vehicle. Instructions on starting the minicomputer, sighting the physical evidence with the optical measurement system, and using the radiotelephone for communication with the larger timesharing computer for reconstruction operations are provided. Troubleshooting information is also included.
- See also PB-240 867.
Calspan Corporation4455 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY USA 14225
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Lynch, J P
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 70 p.
- TRT Terms: Computers; Crash investigation; Data processing; Manuals; Optical measurement; Portable equipment; Radio; Rangefinders; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Geographic Terms: Mobile (Alabama)
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer systems hardware; Range finding
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00090575
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CALSPAN-ZQ-5341-V-3 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-053-3-658
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM