FIAT 2500/AMF ESVS-FRONT-TO-FRONT IMPACT TEST AT 75MPH
The report presents the test results of a front-to-front collision between a Fiat 2500 pound class Experimental Safety Vehicle (ESV) and a 5200 pound AMF ESV at a closure speed of 75 miles per hour. The objective of the test was to assist in the understanding of problems associated with crashworthiness in the traffic mix, i.e., car-to-car compatibility and aggressiveness. This crash test evaluated the structural integrity and dynamic response of the Fiat ESV when involved in a collision with a larger ESV. The test also investigated the potential benefits of velocity-sensitive front-end structures to accommodate lighter weight vehicles such as the Fiat ESV. The test was successful in that Fiat compartment integrity was adequately maintained.
Ultrasystems, IncorporatedDynamic Science Division, 1850 West Pinnacle Peak Road
Phoenix, AZ USA 85027
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 119 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Bumpers; Collisions; Crash injury research; Design; Dynamic tests; Impact tests; Motor vehicle bodies; Research; Safety engineering; Safety equipment; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile bodies
- Subject Areas: Design; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00090567
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Dyn Sci-2310-74-60 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00860
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM