USERS' MANUAL FOR MEMBRANE ENCAPSULATED PAVEMENT SECTIONS (MEPS)
This User's Manual describes the design and construction techniques for installing Membrane Encapsulated Pavement Sections (MEPS). This concept has been developed and implemented by the Corps of Engineers in response to a need by the Army for a rapid and stable road building method in areas where conventional materials are not readily available. Suitable in-place or borrowed soil can be effectively used in the MEPS System in place of conventional aggregate bases or stabilized sub-bases. Construction costs can often be competitive with standard designs and no special equipment or training is required.
U.S. Army Waterways Experiment Station3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, MS USA 39180-6199
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Webster, S L
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt; Base course (Pavements); Construction; Cost estimating; Costs; Design; Earthwork; Encapsulation; Estimates; Ethylene resins; Excavating equipment; Manuals; Pavement design; Paving; Polypropylene; Roads; Sealing (Technology); Soils; Thermoplastic resins; Trafficability
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs; Membranes; Polyethylene
- Old TRIS Terms: Encapsulating; Membranes (Biology); Sealing
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00090562
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM