THE INFLUENCE OF TIRE PROPERTIES ON PASSENGER VEHICLE HANDLING. VOLUME V. MEASURED TIRE PERFORMANCE DATA
The overall objectives of the research program were to identify the properties of tires that affect vehicle dynamic response and to describe those effects in quantitative terms, and to evaluate the degree to which the various tire parameters affect vechicle dynamic response and to assess their relative importance. The laboratory tire test program measured the performance parameters of interest (braking and lateral force coefficients, aligning and overturning moments, etc.) on selected tires with specified construction properties. In this test program over 440 wet and dry multivariable test runs were made in over 70 tire configurations. The volume contains most of the measured data from these tests in the forms of carpet plots and tabulations. Also included are tire model coefficients for most tires tested including aligning torque and overturning moment as well as lateral force and braking force coefficients.
Calspan Corporation4455 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY United States 14225
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Roland, R D
- Kunkel, D T
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 438 p.
- TRT Terms: Alignment; Automated vehicle control; Automobiles; Braking; Dynamic loads; Dynamic tests; Fibers; Laboratory tests; Loads; Moisture content; Nylon; Overturning; Performance; Polyester resins; Properties of materials; Rayon; Synthetic fibers; Tires
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data; Dynamic response; Lateral loads; Nylon fibers; Polyester fibers; Wet conditions
- Old TRIS Terms: Test results
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00090560
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CALSPAN-ZM-5350-K-5 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-053-3-727
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM