AN ACCIDENT TREND MODEL
Factors influencing the time trend of motor vehicle deaths are identified and analyzed. The impact of changes in passenger cars was functionally modeled. For the input of other factors, a formal model was developed. This model was tested against the past trend. Projections of the future trend in passenger car occupant deaths were made under alternative assumptions on future passenger car sales.
Center for the Environment and Man, Incorporated275 Windsor Street
Hartford, CT USA 06120
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Joksch, H C
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 158 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile ownership; Automobiles; Fatalities; Mathematical models; Safety equipment; Statistical analysis; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models; Mortality; Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Projection
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00090557
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CEM-4148-510 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-246-3-670
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM