UNIFORM TIRE QUALITY GRADING TREADWEAR. VOLUME I
The purpose of the wear testing was (a) to confirm the proposed Uniform Tire Quality Grading procedure, as published in the Federal Register on March 7, 1973, using the 7.75-14 (2 ply rayon) size as the control tire; (b) to confirm the suitability of using a single size control tire (7.75-14) as the treadwear reference base for a range of sizes (i.e. D78-14, F78-14, H78-14, etc.); (c) to determine whether similar treadwear ratings are obtained when specific size tire (D78-14) is tested at different inflation pressures using respective Tire and Rim loads (i.e. 24 lbs inflation - 1120 lbs load vs 32 lbs inflation - 1320 lbs load); (d) to develop a treadwear route where the control tire will be worn 75 plus or minus 10% after 16000 route miles.
Compliance Testing IncorporatedP.O. Box 351
Ravenna, OH United States 44266
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Shearer, J E
- Publication Date: 1975-3
- Pagination: 98 p.
- TRT Terms: Durability; Durability tests; Performance; Quality control; Ratings; Tire treads; Tires; Wear
- Uncontrolled Terms: Quality
- Subject Areas: Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00090553
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00811
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM