MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION CASE NO. UMM 102. CHARTER BUS/RUN OFF THE ROAD
The report is an in-depth multidisciplinary study of an accident involving a 1966 Blue Bird charter bus with 42 occupants. The driver was unable to keep the bus under control on a long, steep downgrade and it finally left the roadway and ran down the side of a small steep canyon. The bus left the roadway at less than 30 MPH, and did not turn over. One passenger was fatally injured and the rest sustained minor to moderate injuries.
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM USA 87131
Washington, DC USA 20590
- May, G W
- BAKER, W E
- Publication Date: 1974-10-25
- Pagination: 158 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Collisions; Control; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Injuries; Research; Slopes; Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Geographic Terms: New Mexico
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00090552
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Case Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-258-2-462
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM