CONCEPTUAL DESIGN FOR AN URBAN TRANSPORTATION PLANNING INFORMATION SYSTEM
The system is designed to help state and local planning agencies maintain a current data base to support the 'surveillance' component of the continuing urban transportation planning process. Particular emphasis is placed on the needs of urban areas of 50,000 - 500,000 population and on the use of existing, local government data sources. Separate sections deal with: (1) The continuing transportation planning process; (2) system design and data sources; (3) computer requirements and software support; (4) system implementation and management; and (5) estimated staff and resource requirements.
- See also PB-233 246.
Peat, Marwick, Mitchell and Company1025 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
Washington, DC USA 20590
- WORRALL, R D
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Computers; Data processing; Information systems; Local government agencies; Management; Regional planning; States; Surveillance; Transportation planning; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Local agencies
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer systems hardware; Computer systems programs; State planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00090549
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: FH-11-7826
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1981 12:00AM