POLYMER CONCRETE OVERLAY TEST PROGRAM
This report describes work done on various combinations of monomers and polymer concrete mixes and identifies the mixes showing the greatest potential for use in bridge deck overlays. Presented are test results showing physical properties of various polymer concrete mixes, such as compressive strength, split tensile strength, modulus of elasticity, thermal coefficient of expansion, and shrinkage coefficient. The effects of polymer content, work time, and temperature on various properties are also discussed. The development of two polymer concrete systems with excellent membrane potential are described along with the details of bonding characteristics of several systems. Finally, a polymer concrete mix with suitable properties for deck and pavement patching is detailed.
- Record URL:
Salem, OR United States 97310
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Jenkins, J C
- Beecroft, G W
- Quinn, W J
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Admixtures; Binders; Bridge decks; Composite materials; Compressive strength; Concrete; Durability; Highways; Laboratory tests; Maintenance; Modulus of elasticity; Overlays (Pavements); Permeability; Physical properties; Polymer concrete; Polymers; Shrinkage; Tensile properties; Tensile strength; Thermal expansion
- Old TRIS Terms: Test results
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00090546
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-75-501 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8164
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1976 12:00AM