FEASIBILITY STUDY FOR USE OF A PHOTOGRAPHIC ROAD INVENTORY PROCEDURE
The project objective was to determine the feasibility of using photographic procedures for inventorying and investigating features of highway facilities. Photologging systems developed by other states and instrumentation available commercially are comparatively studied from performance, benefit and economic standpoints. A photologging system and work plan is designed for Georgia's needs and compared with the road inventory system now in use. A work plan for a pilot implementation study is included.
Georgia Department of TransportationOne Georgia Center
600 West Peachtree Street, NW
Atlanta, GA United States 30308
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Crandell, D R
- Deaver, R W
- Publication Date: 1973-12
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Highway planning; Highways; Maintenance; Photographic equipment; Photography; Photologging; State government; State highways; Surveys; Wheel rims
- Geographic Terms: Georgia
- Old TRIS Terms: Photographic methods; Photographic techniques; Photologging systems; Rims
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00090540
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM