A STATE OF THE ART LITERATURE REVIEW ON STATEWIDE TRAFFIC MODELS
A state of the art literature review on statewide traffic models is presented. Theories and hypotheses advanced for the description of intercity traveling are identified and examined for their application to form the basis for a statewide planning analytical framework. Variations in intercity traveling due to differences in traveler characteristics, purpose of trip, mode and locality, of travel are discussed. Significant socioeconomic variables and mathematical structures that may be used as guidelines for future studies are identified. Selected abstracts are then presented of nine state and national planning projects and the traffic model procedures are described.
Georgia Department of TransportationOne Georgia Center
600 West Peachtree Street, NW
Atlanta, GA USA 30308
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Arrillaga, B
- Publication Date: 1972-12
- Pagination: 106 p.
- TRT Terms: Forecasting; Intercity travel; Mathematical models; Regional planning; Reviews; Socioeconomic factors; State of the art studies; States; Traffic models; Traffic simulation; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Travel patterns; Trip purpose; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Socioeconomic data
- Old TRIS Terms: State planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Society;
- Accession Number: 00090533
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Intrm Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM