CURRENT AND PROPOSED RELATIONSHIPS OF THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION WITH THE HIGHER EDUCATION COMMUNITY
The report is the results of a study conducted by a team of investigators from Syracuse University during the Summer of 1971, in the beginning of the DOT Program of University Research and one year prior to the establishment of an Office of University Research in the Department of Transportation. The objectives of the study were: (1) to propose policy guidelines for the Department of Transportation in working with institutions of higher education and (2) to propose a program for FY '73 for undertaking new initiatives with the higher education community, and the funding requirements and organizational arrangements for the program.
Syracuse UniversityMaxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
Syracuse, NY United States 13210
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Honey, J C
- Publication Date: 1975-3-3
- Pagination: 105 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Federal government; Policy; Research management; Transportation; Universities and colleges
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Policy; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00090532
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-20002
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM