MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION SUMMARIES. VOLUME 6, NUMBER 1
The report contains case summaries of recent in-depth reports submitted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration sponsored Multidisciplinary Accident Investigation Teams in a continuing series of publications. Accidents are studied involving vehicles of the last three model years of fatal, injury producing, or property damage severity. The Teams investigate the accidents in-depth and each element of the collision (human, vehicle, environment) as it interacts with each phase of the collision (pre-crash, crash, post-crash). The summaries consist of identification information, basic information on the highway and vehicles involved, a description of the driver and occupants with their injuries, a phase-by-phase description of the sequence of events of the collision, and a list of the causal factors, conclusions and recommendations. A diagram of each collision is included.
- See also Volume 5, Number 3, PB-233 918.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 359 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Crash causes; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crash severity; Crashes; Design standards; Environment; Fatalities; Highways; Human factors; Human factors engineering; Information management; Information organization; Injuries; Multidisciplinary teams; Research; Safety equipment; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Vehicle characteristics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00090527
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-801 356
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM