TRANSMISSION SYSTEMS ANALYSIS
The primary objectives of the study were to determine the need for standardizing the shift patterns of manual transmissions in passenger vehicles and to develop recommendations for an optimum pattern. Secondary objectives were to identify the problems truck drivers experience in shifting gears in both trucks and cars and to solicit their opinions with regard to the need for a standard in trucks.
Dunlap and Associates IncorporatedOne Parkland Drive
Darien, CT United States 06820
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Vallerie, L L
- Kunkel, D T
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 287 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Design standards; Gears; Human factors engineering; Manual control; Manual transmissions; Motor vehicles; Shifts; Standardization; Transmissions; Trucks; Vehicle drive systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Gear drives
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00090526
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00977
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM