FIXED-TIME TRAFFIC CONTROL FOR SIGNALIZED DIAMOND INTERCHANGE COMPLEXES
A comparison was made between a fixed-time 'before' operating condition and an 'after' condition using the Design Manual procedure. The 'before' condition was developed using a time-space diagram and other traffic engineering techniques. Stop per vehicle, delay per vehicle, and speed were the measures of effectiveness used in the comparison. Time-lapse photography was used to collect the data. A statistical analysis was used to determine the significant values. A savings associated with these significant values was then determined.
- See also PB-217 518.
Bartholomew (Harland) and AssociatesMemphis, TN United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Guyton, J W
- Yarbrough, J W
- Arey, J M
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 94 p.
- TRT Terms: Diamond interchanges; Highway traffic control; Interchanges; Measures of effectiveness; Pretimed traffic signal controllers; Signalized intersections; Statistical analysis; Traffic engineering; Traffic flow; Traffic signals
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00090521
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: FH-11-8270
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM