CRUSH CHARACTERISTICS OF AUTOMOBILE STRUCTURAL COMPONENTS
The response of the structural components was established based on the evaluation of displacement and/or strain measurements and detailed examination of the permanently deformed components following each test. Empirical factors were obtained which are useful for comparison of static and dynamic crush characteristics of a vehicle side door structure over a limited loading range.
- Sponsored in part by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Washington, D.C.
National Bureau of StandardsConnecticut Avenue at Van Ness Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20008
Washington, DC United States 20590
- ROBINSON, D C
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Crash injury research; Crashes; Crashworthiness; Doors; Dynamic tests; Impact tests; Research; Safety engineering; Strain measurement; Structural analysis; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Structural properties
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00090516
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NBSIR-74-605 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM