CRUSH CHARACTERISTICS OF AUTOMOBILE STRUCTURAL COMPONENTS
The response of the structural components was established based on the evaluation of displacement and/or strain measurements and detailed examination of the permanently deformed components following each test. Empirical factors were obtained which are useful for comparison of static and dynamic crush characteristics of a vehicle side door structure over a limited loading range.
- Sponsored in part by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Washington, D.C.
National Bureau of StandardsConnecticut Avenue at Van Ness Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20008
Washington, DC USA 20590
- ROBINSON, D C
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Collisions; Crash injury research; Crashworthiness; Doors; Dynamic tests; Impact tests; Research; Safety engineering; Strain measurement; Structural analysis; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Structural properties
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00090516
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NBSIR-74-605 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM