POINT-TO-POINT TRIP MANAGEMENT PROGRAM (PRELIMINARY ANALYSIS)
The preliminary analysis of Point-To-Point Trip Management (PTPTM) was prepared for the Urban Mass Transportation Administration in Washington, D.C. PTPTM is concerned with providing prospective riders of mass transit with the necessary detailed information for particular trips. This report contains the results of a literature search on automation in the telephone information center, and analyzes the data collected from 29 existing centers. Additionally, on-site visits were made to three operational centers, and tapes of actual telephone inquiries and responses were obtained and analyzed. The use of microfiche and computers are examined as an aid to the operators in these centers. Total automation of these centers is also discussed. Conclusions and recommendations for further study in this area, and an annotated bibliography, are also part of this report.
- Sponsored in part by Urban Mass Transportation Administration, Washington, D.C.
National Bureau of StandardsTechnical Analysis Division
Washington, DC USA 20234
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Kienstra, W G
- Minnick, D J
- Publication Date: 1975-2-7
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Computers; Information systems; Public transit; Research; Ridership; Telephone; Transit riders; Travel behavior; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Travel planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Highways; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00090515
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: NBSIR-75-665 Final Rpt., UMTA-MD-06-0014-75-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-AT-20018
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1981 12:00AM