ASDE-2 RELIABILITY IMPROVEMENT STUDY. VOLUME I: OPERATIONAL DATA AND MODIFICATION RECOMMENDATIONS
Eight airport sites and the FAA Oklahoma Depot were visited and surveys conducted to obtain reliability, maintainability and performance data on the ASDE-2 Radar System. The data was analyzed and recommendations for modification to the equipment made based on cost/benefit trade-offs. Three electronic modifications were recommended: modulator, local oscillator, and solid state duplexer modifications. (These modifications have since been accomplished.) To increase the operational utility of the ASDE-2 Radar, a bright display is recommended and, where space permits in the control tower, multiple displays. The report contains detailed information on ASDE-2 reliability/maintainability, operational status, performance, and future ASDE system considerations as of March 1973. The report is in two Volumes: Vol. I: Operational Data and Modification Recommendations and Vol. II: Modulator, Receiver and Indicator Interface Recommendations.
- See also Volume 2, AD-A008 382.
Texas Instruments, Incorporated13510 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX United States 75222
Federal Aviation Administration800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20591
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Grover, D N
- Butler, C N
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 193 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Airport operations; Maintainability; Radar; Reliability; Search radar
- Old TRIS Terms: Airport radar systems
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00090504
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-445
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM