SYMPOSIUM ON DRIVING EXPOSURE
The Symposium on Driving Exposure was held June 18-20, 1973. Summaries of the sessions are presented, including current status in the field of driving exposure, problem areas in driving exposure research, problem areas in obtaining exposure data, and future plans for exposure research and data collection. Conclusions include a consensus that a national exposure program should be established; that further research is needed on exposure measures and classifications, data collection and sampling plans, and induced exposure; and that states should be involved in the national program. The basic recommendation is that NHTSA should begin planning for a national exposure-data collection and research program, to be fully operational in 1977.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48109
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Carroll, P S
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash exposure; Data collection; Driver records; Drivers; Hazards; Meetings; Research; Reviews; Risk assessment; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Exposure; Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00090482
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-SA-73-7 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-031-3-637
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM