DEMAND RESPONSIVE TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM FOR THE EAST/NORTHEAST AND WATTS MODEL CITIES NEIGHBORHOODS
The report documents activities and operations of Demand-Responsive Transportation Projects in the East/Northeast and Greater Watts Model Cities Neighborhoods from May 1, '73 to Oct. 31, '73. The project was designed to demonstrate that a demand-responsive public transportation system using subscription techniques could be a successful and important service in supplementing existing fixed-route bus operations. A fleet of 12-passenger, radio-dispatched vans would provide low fare transportation (0.15). Operating data describing ridership, revenues, travel characteristics, types of pick-ups and general performance in terms of wait and travel times are included. Funds expended and estimated monthly operating costs are delineated. Productivity measures are evaluated.
- Prepared for the Los Angeles City Demonstration Agency, Calif. See also PB-239 836.
Smith (Wilbur) and Associates, Incorporated135 College Street, P.O. Box 9412
New Haven, CT USA 06534
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
Los Angeles City Demonstration AgencyLos Angeles, CA USA
- Publication Date: 1973-12
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transportation; Central business districts; Data collection; Demand responsive transportation; Finance; Fixed routes; Operating costs; Paratransit services; Project management; Public transit; Radio; Revenues; Ridership; Transit buses; Transportation planning; Travel patterns; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Model Cities Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management; Subscription bus service
- Geographic Terms: California
- Old TRIS Terms: Central city
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Highways; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00090477
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TR-1, UMTA-CA-06-0017
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 2003 12:00AM