DEMAND RESPONSIVE TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM FOR THE EAST/NORTHEAST AND WATTS MODEL CITIES NEIGHBORHOODS
The project was designed to demonstrate that a demand-responsive public transportation system using subscription techniques could be a successful and important service in supplementing existing fixed-route bus operations. Service priorities of the program were: (1) Persons requiring access to health and related facilities within the 2 Model Cities service areas; (2) elderly persons requiring transportation within the service area; (3) persons without autos to shopping facilities; (4) youth to Model Cities programs. A fleet of 12-passenger radio-dispatched vans would provide low fare transportation (15 cents). Operating data describing ridership, revenues, travel characteristics, performance of system in terms of wait and travel times are discussed. Funds expended and estimated monthly operating costs are presented.
- Prepared for the Los Angeles City Demonstration Agency, Calif. See also PB-239 945.
Smith (Wilbur) and Associates, Incorporated135 College Street, P.O. Box 9412
New Haven, CT United States 06534
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
Los Angeles City Demonstration AgencyLos Angeles, CA United States
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 94 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Analysis; Captive riders; Costs; Data collection; Demand responsive transportation; Energy; Evaluation; Fares; Level of service; Mobility; Operating costs; Paratransit services; Performance; Revenues; Ridership; Strategic planning; Surveys; Transit riders; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Travel patterns; Travel time; Urban transportation; Waiting time
- Identifier Terms: Model Cities Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Geographic Terms: California
- Subject Areas: Energy; Finance; Highways; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00090451
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TR-2, UMTA-CA-06-0017
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 2003 12:00AM