MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION SUMMARIES. VOLUME 5, NUMBER 5
Accidents are studied involving vehicles of the last three model years of fatal, injury producing, or property damage severity. The teams investigate the accidents in-depth and each element of the collision (human, vehicle, environment) as it interacts with each phase of the collision (pre-crash, crash, post-crash). The summaries consist of identification information, basic information on the highway and vehicles involved, a description of the driver and occupants with their injuries, a phase-by-phase description of the sequence of events of the collision, and a list of the causal factors, conclusions and recommendations. A diagram of each collision is included.
- See also PB-233 918.
National Transportation Safety BoardOffice of Accident Investigation and Data Analysis
Washington, DC United States 20591
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 298 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crashes; Design standards; Highways; Human factors engineering; Research; Safety equipment; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00090441
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-801 312
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM