CHARACTERIZATION OF PAVEMENT MACROTEXTURE BY PROFILE SPECTRAL ANALYSIS
This report presents the results of a study by the Pennsylvania State University to demonstrate the feasibility of using a profile tracer to measure pavement macrotexture. Four test pavements -- part of the Pennsylvania Transportation Institute Skid Test facility -- were measured and spectrum analysis plots of the pavement profiles are presented. In addition, space frequency spectrum analyses of the profiles were generated and site-to-site comparisons were made. The results are presented in terms of their potential relationship to tire noise.
- Sponsored in part by Office of the Secretary of Transportation, Washington, D.C. Office of Noise Abatement.
Pennsylvania State University, University ParkPennsylvania Transportation Institute, Transportation Research Building
University Park, PA United States 16802
National Bureau of StandardsGaithersburg, MD United States
Office of the Secretary of TransportationOffice of Noise Abatement, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Lawther, J M
- Henry, J J
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Pagination: 93 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustics; Measurement; Measuring instruments; Noise; Pavements; Sound; Sound; Structural analysis; Surface course (Pavements); Texture; Tires; Tracking systems; Velocity
- Old TRIS Terms: Noise sound; Tracking models
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Pavements; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00090436
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PTI-7416 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: C-35996t
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM