TRI-LEVEL STUDY OF THE CAUSES OF TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS. VOLUME I. RESEARCH FINDINGS
This is the final report of the first year of activity and covers the period August 15, 1972 to August 14, 1973. Data were collected on three levels of detail. Police reports and other baseline data on the Monroe County, Indiana study area were collected on Level A. On Level B, teams of technicians responded to accidents at the time of their occurrence to conduct on-scene investigations. On Level C, a sample of 22% of these accidents were independently examined by a multidisciplinary team. A general population survey was also conducted. This is Volume I of a two-volume report, covering study findings. Appendices are presented in Volume II.
Indiana University, Bloomington107 S Indiana Avenue
Bloomington, IN United States 47405
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 245 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Crash causes; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crash reports; Crashes; Data collection; Design standards; Highways; Human factors engineering; Multidisciplinary teams; On the scene crash investigation; Research; Safety engineering; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00090412
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-034353573-TACFinal Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-034-3-535
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM