EVALUATION OF CURRENT TOWING VESSEL STABILITY CRITERION AND PROPOSED FISHING VESSEL STABILITY CRITERIA. VOLUME TWO
The results of the first, or formulation task, of a three task study of stability criteria for towing and fishing vessels are presented in this report. Included are a literature study, a fleet census and characterization, detailed stability calculations for 51 vessels, and the selection of models and test programs for task 2. Four models are selected and a proposed test program for towing vessel tripping and towing and fishing vessel seakeeping are described. Volume two contains 51 vessel booklets, each presenting the characteristics and static and dynamic stability curves for a particular vessel.
- See also Volume 1, AD/A-006 815.
Hydronautics, Incorporated7210 Pindel School Road
Laurel, MD USA 20810
- Miller, E R
- Nickum, G C
- Rudnicki, J R
- Young, B J
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 652 p.
- TRT Terms: Hydrodynamics; Manuals; Marine engineering; Mathematical models; Ocean waves; Seafood; Seakeeping; Ships; Stability (Mechanics); Statistics; Towing devices
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydrodynamic configurations
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00090401
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TR-7311-2 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-24656-A
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM