GUIDELINES FOR THE INVESTIGATION OF CAPSIZING AND SWAMPING OF SMALL RECREATIONAL BOATS
The manual contains guidelines for the investigation of the capsizing and swamping of small recreational boats. These guidelines were produced for the use of U.S. Coast Guard Reservists in carrying out a pilot program of investigation of swamping and capsizing accidents during the Summer of 1973. The guidelines have been designed to be used by personnel with limited experience in accident investigation and are therefore purposely rudimentary.
- Revision of report dated 26 June 1973.
Operations Research, Incorporated1400 Spring Street
Silver Spring, MD United States 20910
United States Coast GuardOffice of Research and Development, 400 7th Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1974-3-14
- Pagination: 86 p.
- TRT Terms: Boats; Center of gravity; Crashes; Information management; Information organization; Interviewing; Loads; Manuals; Measurement; Safety; Standards; Weight
- Identifier Terms: United States Coast Guard
- Uncontrolled Terms: Instructions
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00090400
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM