FAA LIGHTNING PROTECTION STUDY: LIGHTNING PROTECTION FOR STATUS AND CONTROL LINES OF AN AN/GRN-27(V) INSTRUMENT LANDING SYSTEM
Specific recommendations for the protection of the AN/GRN-27 (V) Instrument Landing System from lightning-induced transients on the buried control cables comprising the status and control lines of the system are presented. Avalanche diode transient voltage suppressors in leadless packages are the recommended protection devices.
- Report from Post Doctoral Program.
Rome Air Development CenterGriffiss Air Force Base
Rome, NY United States
Federal Aviation Administration800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20591
- Huddleston, G K
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Avalanches; Control; Diodes; Electric cables; Instrument landing systems; Landing aids; Suppressors; Transients; Underground structures
- Old TRIS Terms: Avalanche diodes; Lightning arresters
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology;
- Accession Number: 00090396
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA72WAI-356
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM