EVALUATION OF CURRENT TOWING VESSEL STABILITY CRITERION AND PROPOSED FISHING VESSEL STABILITY CRITERIA. VOLUME ONE
The results of the first, or formulation task, of a three-task study of stability criteria for towing and fishing vessels are presented in this report. Included are a literature study, a fleet census and characterization, detailed stability calculations for 51 vessels, and the selection of models and test programs for task 2. Four models are selected and a proposed test program for towing vessel tripping and towing, and fishing vessel seakeeping are described. Volume one contains the literature search results, the fleet census and characterization, and the model and test program selection procedure. Volume two contains 51 vessel booklets, each presenting the characteristics and static and dynamic stability curves for a particular vessel.
- See Also Volume 2. AD/A-007 138/1
Hydronautics, Incorporated7210 Pindel School Road
Laurel, MD United States 20810
- Miller, E R
- Nickum, G C
- Rudnicki, J R
- Young, B J
- Publication Date: 1975-2
- Pagination: 185 p.
- TRT Terms: Casualties; Dynamic stability; Hydrodynamics; Merchant marine; Research; Reviews; Seafood; Seakeeping; Ship motion; Ships; Stability (Mechanics); Structural models; Test procedures; Towboats; Towing devices
- Identifier Terms: United States Coast Guard
- Uncontrolled Terms: Model tests; Ship models
- Old TRIS Terms: Fleets ships; Hydrodynamic configurations; Ship stability; Towboat stability
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00090382
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TR07311-1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-24656-A
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM