DABS CHANNEL MANAGEMENT
The report provides a full discussion of the design of the DABS channel management function. Channel management regulates all activity on the RF channel, scheduling ATCRBS interrogations and DABS roll-call interrogations and replies. Channel management arranges for multiple interrogations when required to satisfy both the surveillance and the communications functions of the sensor, and for reinterrogations in the event of link failure. The report consists of three major parts: Part I, Channel Control; Part II, Roll-Call Scheduling; and Part III, Transaction Preparation, Target List Update, and Transaction Update. Together they encompass the five basic subfunctions of channel management.
- Report on Project Discrete Address Beacon System.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyLinclon Laboratory, 244 Wood Street
Lexington, MA USA 02420-9180
Federal Aviation Administration800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20591
- Kelly, E J
- Publication Date: 1975-1-8
- Pagination: 246 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Beacons; Data communications; Interrogation; Management; Scheduling
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data links
- Old TRIS Terms: Channels
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00090379
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ATC-43
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA-72WAI-261
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 29 1975 12:00AM