AIRPORT NOISE REDUCTION FORECAST. VOLUME II. NEF COMPUTER PROGRAM DESCRIPTION AND USER'S MANUAL
A fundamental requirement of this effort was that the noise impact of air traffic around major airports on the surrounding community should be described and that predictions of various noise abatement alternatives should be made. For this the DOT/Wyle noise exposure forecast computer program was developed. Volume 2 of the report is a description of this program. Included are brief descriptions of the calculations performed, the subroutines that perform them, and a user's guide. Also included is a complete listing of the program, in FORTRAN V. Inputs to the program are a description of the airport geometry including flight paths, aircraft noise and performance characteristics, and the aircraft fleet mix. Outputs are contours of equal value of Noise Exposure Forecasts around the airport.
- Paper copy also available in set of 2 reports as PB-239 386-SET, PC$14.00.
Wyle Laboratories128 Maryland Street
El Segundo, CA USA 90245
Office of Noise Abatement400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Bartel, C
- Coughlin, C
- Moran, J
- Watkins, L
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 229 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic; Aircraft noise; Airport noise; Airports; Communities; Computer program documentation; Computer programs; Environmental impact analysis; Environmental impacts; Flight paths; Forecasting; Health hazards; Jet engines; Manuals; Mathematical models; Mathematical prediction; Noise; Noise control; Public relations
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft fleets; Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Airport noise/community disturbance; Jet engine noise; Noise exposure forecast
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Environment; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00090348
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: WRC-74-14-2 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-20088
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM