AIRPORT NOISE REDUCTION FORECAST. VOLUME I. SUMMARY REPORT FOR 23 AIRPORTS
A detailed analysis of cost effectiveness of two aircraft noise reduction alternatives was carried out and the results are summarized in this report. The alternatives consisted of: two different modifications of civil air carrier aircraft having JT3D or JT8D engines. Both alternatives assumed standard use of a two-segment approach procedure incorporating a glide slope for landing. The analysis specified includes a detailed evaluation of noise impact at 23 airports for the years 1972, 1978, 1981, and 1987 along with a detailed cost analysis of implementing the alternatives.
- Prepared in cooperation with Speas (R. Dixon) Associates, Manhasset, N.Y. Paper copy also available in set of 2 reports as PB-239 386-SET, PC$14.00.
Wyle Laboratories128 Maryland Street
El Segundo, CA USA 90245
Office of Noise Abatement400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
Speas (R Dixon) AssociatesManhasset, NY USA
- Bartel, C
- SUTHERLAND, L C
- SIMPSON, L
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 222 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Aircraft noise; Airport noise; Airports; Civil aviation; Cost effectiveness; Engines; Environment; Environmental impacts; Evaluation; Forecasting; Glide path systems; Impacts; Jet engines; Noise; Noise control; Program management; Project management; Reviews
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft engines; Noise reduction; Program review; Projects
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine noise; Jet engine noise; Pratt and whitney jt3d engine; Pratt and whitney jt8d engine
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Environment; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00090347
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: WRC-74-14-1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-20088
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM