THE INFLUENCE OF TIRE PROPERTIES ON PASSENGER VEHICLE HANDLING. VOLUME III. APPENDICES A-E
The overall objectives of this research program were to identify the properties of tires that affect vehicle dynamic response. This volume contains several appendices which include: (1) a literature review and annotated bibliography related to tire construction and performance, (2) mathematical functions of aligning torque and overturning moment, and automatic computation techniques for obtaining simulation tire model coefficients, (3) a discussion of the vehicle test procedures for testing in the wet, and the automatic computation techniques used, (4) complete simulation data sets for the four test vehicles used in this study, (5) a discussion of a preliminary test program to evaluate the performance of a three component vehicle wheel force sensor.
- See also Volume 1, PB-239 215.
Calspan Corporation4455 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY United States 14225
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Schuring, D J
- Kunkel, D T
- Massing, D E
- Roland, R D
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 147 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Braking; Dynamic loads; Dynamic structural analysis; Equipment tests; Handling characteristics; Laboratory tests; Mathematical models; Moments (Mechanics); Performance evaluations; Reviews; Simulation; Tires; Torque; Vehicle performance; Vehicle tests; Wetting
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response; Handling
- Old TRIS Terms: Construction characteristics; Moments; Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00090346
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Calspan-Z-M-5350-K-3Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-053-3-727
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM