THE INFLUENCE OF TIRE PROPERTIES ON PASSENGER VEHICLE HANDLING. VOLUME I. SUMMARY REPORT
The overall objectives of this research program were (1) to identify the properties of tires that affect vehicle dynamic response and to describe those effects in quantitative terms, and (2) to evaluate the degree to which the various tire parameters affect vehicle dynamic response and to assess their relative importance. This volume contains a concise summary of the technical approach and important results and conclusions of the program.
- See also Volume 2, PB-239 216.
Calspan Corporation4455 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY United States 14225
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Roland, R D
- RICE, R S
- Dell'Amico, F
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Dynamic braking; Dynamic loads; Dynamic structural analysis; Handling characteristics; Loads; Performance evaluations; Safety engineering; Simulation; Surveys; Test facilities; Testing; Tires; Vehicle performance; Vehicle tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response; Handling
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00090344
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Calspan-ZM-5350-K-1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-053-3-727
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM