MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION SUMMARIES. VOLUME 5, NUMBER 7
The report contains case summaries of recent in-depth reports submitted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration sponsored Multidisciplinary Accident Investigation Teams in a continuing series of publications. Accidents are studied involving vehicles of the last three model years of fatal, injury producing, or property damage severity. The Teams investigate the accidents in-depth and each element of the collision (human, vehicle, environment) as it interacts with each phase of the collision (pre-crash, crash, post-crash). The summaries consist of identification information, basic information on the highway and vehicles involved, a description of the driver and occupants, a phase-by-phase description of the sequence of events of the collision, and a list of the causal factors, conclusions and recommendations. A diagram of each collision is included.
- See also PB-239 201.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 341 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Collisions; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crash severity; Design standards; Fatalities; Highways; Human factors engineering; Injuries; Loss and damage; Multidisciplinary teams; Property; Research; Safety engineering; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents; Property damage
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00090340
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-801 305
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM