THE AIRPORT/URBAN INTERFACE
The report is a review of airport-urban interactions. Severe congestion at major airports is discussed as the limiting factor to increased capacity in the mid 1980's unless relieving action is taken. Existing DOT programs are examined and several suggestions are made for increased intermodal coordination as well as for specific R and D efforts. The need for intermodal planning is noted, with priority given to solutions which minimize adverse environmental effects at the interface.
Department of TransportationOffice of Systems Development and Technology, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Paullin, R L
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Pagination: 61 p.
- TRT Terms: Airports; City planning; Evaluation; Forecasting; Interfaces; Intermodal terminals; Intermodal transportation; Programming (Planning); Reviews; Statistics; Traffic congestion; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Urban areas; Urban development
- Old TRIS Terms: Program goals; Terminal facilities
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Highways; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00090326
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TST-75-12 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM