MODULATION MEASUREMENT STUDY
ILS Modulation Meters, with a high degree of measurement accuracy, incorporated a pulse modulation calibration technique which had not previously been used to establish amplitude modulation levels. A source of sine wave modulated signals with sufficiently accurate modulation levels was not available for verification of the accuracy of the modulation meters. This study included development of such a source and the conduct of verification testing and evaluation, which demonstrated the feasibility of the pulse calibration technique to obtain the desired accuracy. This study also included modification of an ILS Modulation Meter for application to VOR modulation measurements and the development of equipment specifications covering the ILS and VOR Modulation Meters.
United Telecontrol Electronics, Incorporated3500 Sunset Avenue
Asbury Park, NJ USA 07712
- Schmeling, A M
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Instrument landing systems; Measurement; Measuring instruments; Modulation (Communications); Radio; Signal generators; Transmission
- Old TRIS Terms: Modulation; Radio ranges
- Accession Number: 00090313
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA72WA-2795
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM