SURVEY OF PRT VEHICLE MANAGEMENT ALGORITHMS
The document summarizes the results of a literature survey of state of the art vehicle management algorithms applicable to Personal Rapid Transit Systems(PRT). The surveyed vehicle management algorithms are organized into a set of five major component subcategories: network routing, merge control, empty vehicle management, station management, and blocked segment management. The classification scheme enables the comparison and description of algorithms in common terms. One intent of the survey was to form a data base for system designers and users. Another intent was to use the results of the survey to aid in designing a simulation model to evaluate and develop PRT vehicle management algorithms.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Priver, A S
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Pagination: 100 p.
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Automatic vehicle location; Bibliographies; Classification; Control systems; Design; Dispatching; Management; Merging control; Network analysis (Planning); Networks; Personal rapid transit; Railroad cars; Railroad stations; Rapid transit; Reviews; Route choice; Routing; Simulation; State of the art; State of the art studies; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Urban transportation; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Merging control system; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00090189
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-UMTA-74-10 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1982 12:00AM