HEALTH CARE DELIVERY: A BACKGROUND RESOURCE PAPER FOR THE UPPER GREAT LAKES UNIVERSITY CONSORTIUM FOR TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH
The report provides resource material for use in the deliberations and work of the Council on Health Care Delivery, Upper Great Lakes University Consortium for Transportation Research. In addition to a general review of the geography and population of the Upper Great Lakes Region, there is discussion of four main problem areas as follows: Facilities--hospitals, clinics (mobile and fixed), nursing homes, types of care, transportation; Manpower--county health systems and physician availability, paramedical personnel (physicians' assistants, nurse practitioners, nurse-midwives), physical therapists, technicians, etc; Economics--financial support for health care and health care delivery systems; Coordination--of facilities, manpower and finances.
Michigan Technological University, HoughtonCollege of Engineering
Houghton, MI USA 49931
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Nelms, JDJ
- Nordley, P M
- Publication Date: 1974-1-29
- Pagination: 220 p.
- TRT Terms: Coordination; Demographics; Deployment; Expenses; Facilities; Health care; Health care facilities; Hospitals; Labor market; Medical personnel; Medical services; Medicine; Tables (Data); Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Health insurance
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Clinical medicine; Outpatient clinics
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00090182
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-30096
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM