RURAL TRANSPORTATION IN THE SOUTHEAST
The report was prepared by the Expanded Metro Mobility Task Force, an interagency group of the Southeastern Federal Regional Council in Atlanta. Part I of the report examines rural transportation systems in Boone, North Carolina, and Sumter, South Carolina, and makes specific and general recommendations which are applicable to the establishment and operation of any rural system. Appendices provide helpful information in the form of sample operating rules and regulations, routing and scheduling techniques, typical costs, state roles and statutes, and a bibliography.
- See also PB-238 881.
Southeastern Federal Regional CouncilExpanded Metro Mobility Task Force
Atlanta, GA USA
Department of TransportationOffice of the Secretarial Representative
Atlanta, GA USA
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Features: Appendices; References;
- Pagination: 113 p.
- TRT Terms: Central business districts; Data collection; Federal aid; Federal assistance programs; Management; Methodology; Passenger transportation; Public transit; Regional planning; Ridership; Routes; Routing; Rural areas; State government; States; Surveys; Transit riders; Transportation; Transportation operations; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management; Transportation problems; Transportation routes
- Geographic Terms: North Carolina; South Carolina
- Old TRIS Terms: Central city; State planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Operations and Traffic Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00090180
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1981 12:00AM