ENERGY STATISTICS. A SUPPLEMENT TO THE SUMMARY OF NATIONAL TRANSPORTATION STATISTICS
This annual report is a compendium of selected time-series data describing the transportation, production, processing, and consumption of energy. The report is divided into three main sections. The first, entitled Energy Transport, contains such items as the revenues and expenses of oil pipeline companies, number and capacities of U.S. tank ships, and the total crude oil transported in the U.S. by method of transportation. The second section, entitled Reserves, Production, and Refining, reveals the growth over time of the U.S. oil and natural gas reserves, refinery capacity, and yields. Trends in the demand for fuel and power are displayed in the third section, entitled Energy Consumption. Throughout this part, the transportation sector is emphasized. Included are the gasoline and oil costs of automobiles of different sizes, the consumption of petroleum by type of product, the electrical energy consumed by the local transit industry, and other important statistics describing the supply and demand for energy.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Gay, W F
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Pagination: 140 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Automobiles; Aviation fuels; Bus transportation; Coal; Commercial buildings; Costs; Crude oil; Demand; Dwellings; Electric power; Electric power supply; Electric utilities; Energy; Energy consumption; Energy resources; Fossil fuels; Fuel consumption; Gasoline; Highway transportation; Industrial plants; Jet propelled aircraft; Light rail transit; Motor fuels; Natural gas; Operating costs; Petroleum industry; Petroleum pipelines; Petroleum refineries; Petroleum refining; Physical distribution; Pipelines; Productivity; Railroad transportation; Rapid transit; Revenues; Statistics; Supply; Tables (Data); Tankers; Time series analysis; Transportation; Uranium; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Petroleum trade; Supply and demand
- Old TRIS Terms: Distribution property; Fossil fuel deposits; Refineries
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Energy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00090173
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-74-12 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1981 12:00AM