EVALUATION OF THE RUBINO PROCEDURE FOR RADIO TELEMETRIC THEODOLITE POSITIONING. (REVISED)
This report presents the results of an evaluation of a procedure described in 'Working Paper on Radio Telemetric Theodolite (RTT) Positioning' by Joe Rubino, AEM-200, dated April 1973. An analysis and evaluation was conducted by gathering information about the present glide slope system, difficulties that had been encountered, and changes that had been implemented. The analysis performed indicates that all factors affecting the glidepath are separated by the Rubino RTT placement into path structure (indicated by the flight recording), and the threshold crossing height (which is incorporated into the RTT placement). This study evaluation concludes that because of this separation the Rubino procedure is better because it provides a better description of the glidepath in space.
Lockheed Electronics CompanyPlainfield, NJ USA 07061
NATIONAL AVIATION FACILITIES EXPERIMENTAL CENTERATLANTIC CITY, NJ USA
- Lerner, D S
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Glide path systems; Instrument landing systems; Landing aids; Telemetry; Theodolites
- Old TRIS Terms: Instrument landing; Telemeter systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00090157
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA74NA-1027
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM