MEASUREMENT AND ANALYSES OF ASR-4 SYSTEM ERROR. PART III. SUMMARY
The positional accuracy of aircraft radar targets displayed in an air traffic control airport surveillance radar system (ASR-4) was measured as one of the inputs essential for determining aircraft separation standards. In the report, Part III: Summary, data have been pooled for all like system response measures from two extensive data sets previously reported out as Phase I Data and Phase II Data (reflecting a difference in measurement instrumentation) in the associated report, Part II: Analyses, and an analysis of variance was then performed for the pooled expressions. In general, the pooled data show a tendency to be more homogeneous and less subject to extraneous effects.
- See also Part 2, AD-766 609.
NATIONAL AVIATION FACILITIES EXPERIMENTAL CENTERATLANTIC CITY, NJ United States
- BUSCH, A C
- Bradbury, P W
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control facilities; Airport operations; Analysis of variance; Errors; Information display systems; Measurement; Radar; Search radar; Systems analysis; Terminal air traffic control
- Old TRIS Terms: Air traffic control terminal; Airport radar systems
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00090153
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-NA-74-8 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM