INSTRUMENT LANDING SYSTEM IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
Results of ILS improvement studies performed at Ohio University are reported. The report is divided into sections ILS Glide Slope and ILS Localizer. Some of the topics treated under ILS Glide Slope are terrain effects and terrain grading criteria, snow effects, development of a directional glide slope antenna with integral monitoring, siting problems at specific sites, and introductory work on reflections from large aircraft. The main topics treated under ILS Localizer are suppression of parasitics in the Scanwell localizer, study of augmentation of clearance generated by the Scanwell localizer, performance of the Scanwell array and three types of monitor under localizer fault conditions, reflection of localizer signals from hangars and from large aircraft, and preliminary work on design of a localizer array which produces clearance within a 35 degrees sector only.
- See also AD-709 350.
ohio University, AthensDepartment of Electrical Engineering, Clippinger Building
Athens, OH United States 45701
Washington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1971-10
- Pagination: 186 p.
- TRT Terms: Directional antennas; Glide path systems; Instrument landing systems; Monitoring; Scattering; Transmission
- Uncontrolled Terms: Attenuation
- Old TRIS Terms: Radio transmission
- Accession Number: 00090151
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EER-5-11 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: FA-69-WA-2066
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1975 12:00AM