REVENUE SERVICE OPERATION, 1973. AC PROPULSION PROJECT
This report discusses the integration of three AC powered cars into the Cleveland Transit System's revenue operation during 1973. The year of operation was divided into two distinct operating periods. In the first period, January through June, the three AC cars were not compatible with the remaining Airporter fleet. During the second period, July through December, the three AC cars were modified in such a manner as to render them compatible with the DC cars and were operated the remainder of the year in mixed service.
- Prepared in cooperation with Westinghouse Air Brake Co., Wilmerding, Pa. Westinghouse Air Brake Div.
Cleveland Transit System1404 East 9th Street
Cleveland, OH USA 44114
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
Westinghouse Air Brake CompanyWilmerding, PA USA
- Smith, R D
- Skantar, E T
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Pagination: 79 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternating current motors; Direct current motors; Electric power conditioning; Electric railroads; Motors; Performance; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Scheduling; Transfer functions
- Candidate Terms: Traction drives
- Identifier Terms: Cleveland Transit System
- Old TRIS Terms: Motor performance; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00090118
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1981 12:00AM